Parent Volunteer/Visitor Policy
Playa del Rey is a school community that encourages all parents to volunteer to ensure the success of all students. Volunteers are essential to the success of our school, and we are very grateful for the contributions of our dedicated volunteers. Please note that all volunteers must sign-in the main office. Volunteer identification such as a label and/or badge is required while on campus. However, to maximize instructional time and minimize distractions, parents who volunteer shall be limited to 20 minutes per day at the discretion of the site administration. Please schedule your volunteer time in advance with your student’s teacher for special activities, field trips, etc.. If you have questions, please feel free to contact the site administrator.
District (LAUSD) policy requires that all volunteers complete and application if servicing 16 hours or more per week. In addition, fingerprinting is required to attend an overnight field trip. Please view the document below for more details. If you have any questions, please contact the school office at (310) 827-3560 and speak with office personnel. *Continuing volunteers need to renew their application every school year. A TB clearance is not necessary until after the 4th year.
Find low cost TB screen locations here.
A school community representative that performs the following responsibilities:
- Assists in identification and resolution of school-community problems.
- Assists parents with communication to teachers and other school personnel.
- Interprets to individuals or groups the community attitudes, needs, and desires as they relate to the local educational process.
- Collaborates with other school personnel to coordinate services for parents and provide additional resources.
- Participates with committees as members or advisers in matters concerning school programs and the community.
- Participates in meetings and individual discussions with pupils, parents, community, and ethnic organizations regarding District policies and school programs.
- Maintains the learning and instructional environment of the Parent/Family Center.
- Attends professional development and training offered by the Local District Parent and Community Engagement (PACE) Team.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Schools are always successful when there is a home/school community connection. Our Parent Representative Liason is Mrs. Mayra Vega.
Volunteers are critical and integral part to our school and are always welcome. If you are a parent or community member who might be interested in helping continue the great volunteer tradition see attachment below, the Friends of Playa page or contact the Friends of Playa at [email protected]
This volunteer role is for the morning curbside valet drop off. You will be helping kids safely exit their parents car for our curbside drop-off program between 7:40-8:10am. A program coordinator is needed, along with daily volunteers.
Each class will be looking for Room Parents to help coordinate classroom events, to help teachers secure classroom needs from parents, and to help classroom parents stay connected with the Booster Club. To learn more speak with your child's teacher and/or contact [email protected].